Little notes and comments surroundings Kali
1. When I put my name in the credit, He looked at me and wondering, “where did you learn and studied all this thing? It is unusual for an Asian to do such thing successfully”.
So the next morning I put Anonymous for the credit name. When the draft finally arrived to him, He rang me, “Who is this Anonymous?”
“It is anonymous”
“It sounds like a Latin or Greek name” He replied
2.”If you are an Australian, why you look like us? Latte and yellow?” She asked me
I have no idea. I supposed a lot of us are color blind.
3.”You become too Aussie now”
Complement and insult has a fine line.
4. “Where is your home?”
I have the same question exactly
5. “We will charge you with different rate now, because you now speak English fluently”
The next morning, I forced myself to pick up all of my mother tongue. Culture can be a successful oppression.
6. “Do you have a feeling to your country?”
7. “You have been away too long. May I remind you that this is the tradition”
Is it any wonder, if I keep running away from those tradition.
8. “You still have to pass the domestic gate and pay with domestic rate regardless”
The difference is apparent. The international gate and its waiting room is cool air-conditioned.
9. “Are you Korean?”
Damn. Right again!
10. “I thought you don’t believe in rain stopper”
Well, the thing is, the rain in where I live now behave in a local weather pattern, just like yours.
11. “Your work is a success because you work in your own country”
Trust me, I work in a foreign country.
12. “You told yourself a Director. Ha..ha..ha..you are not Hanung Bramantyo!” He doubted me.
He was right: Is Hanung Bramantyo a type of food ?
The Solemn Solitude
- Ketika Waktu Menunjukkan Pukul Nol Posted on: July 29, 2011
- Engkau Menjadi Semua Hal Yang Kau Benci Posted on: July 21, 2011
- Terali Posted on: July 16, 2011
- Pijar Posted on: July 14, 2011
- In the River of Believe Posted on: July 12, 2011
- Di Tepi Sungai Iman Posted on: July 11, 2011
- Tikus Posted on: June 24, 2011
- Arti Posted on: June 23, 2011
- Musabab Kebodohanmu Posted on: June 22, 2011
- Ladang Yang Terbakar Posted on: May 28, 2011
- Selasih Posted on: May 26, 2011
- Segi Tiga Posted on: May 23, 2011
- Sungai Kedengkian Posted on: May 23, 2011
- Engkau Yang Pergi Posted on: May 3, 2011
- Kita Tunggu Cinta Jatuh di Ujung Dunia Posted on: May 2, 2011
- Sangsi Posted on: April 29, 2011
- La Pluie du Matin Posted on: April 28, 2011
- Tanda Centang Posted on: April 27, 2011
- Bahagia Itu... Posted on: April 25, 2011
- Tugu Posted on: April 22, 2011
- Puan Posted on: April 21, 2011
- Rama Obong Posted on: April 20, 2011
- Lagu Rindu Seorang Petualang Posted on: April 19, 2011
- Di Suatu April Pekan Ketiga Posted on: April 18, 2011
- Di Pantaimu Posted on: April 18, 2011